Wayward was born and raised in LA – join us for our flagship event in winter 2017-18. Expect cross-genre film screenings, competition screenings, live music and performance, roundtables, education sessions, and plenty of networking sessions so fun they feel more like a party. Step into the future of film. Step outside the box.
Los Angeles, CA
Winter 2017 - 2018
Submissions are currently closed.
Thank you so much for your submissions and support for
The Wayward Festival Los Angeles!
We focus on narratives highlighting:
- Mental health
- and more
All filmmakers are welcome, whether black, white, brown, pink, gay, straight, non-binary, abled, differently abled, female, identifying as female, male, extraterrestrial or anything else.
The Wayward Innovator Prize for Documentary Films
The Wayward Storyteller Prize for Short Film
The Wayward International Prize for World Cinema
The Wayward Prize for Inclusivity
Going to filmmakers tackling important issues of race, gender relations, disability, LGBT or women's issues
The Wayward Prize for TV Pilots
The Wayward Screenwriters Prize
The Wayward Prize for US Narrative Films
The Wayward Prize for Horror Feature
The Wayward Prize for Horror Short
- Nine days of festival programming at several prestigious venues in Hollywood
- Screenings of the best “out of the box” cinema & shorts
- A varied film program expressing non-traditional stories, voices and viewpoints
- Genre-based curation
- Opening & closing parties
- Prizes & award ceremonies
- Networking sessions
- Panel discussions
- Photo booth / Pop-ups / Food trucks & much, much more